Now for all who know me, you are probably thinking I am suggesting some type of alcohol beverage…..however, sadly I am not. Rather, I am taking about something that is GOOD for you!
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, Aimee Mallett. I have been drinking lots of water as I have been wanting to lose some weight. Giving up my Diet coke was like losing my left arm. And as a mom, we know that are arms are pretty important. However, after about 4 glass of water, I am sick of it. Here is some benefits of adding lemon to your water.
- It helps prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria and the decomposition of tissue
- It assists in “cleansing the system of impurities” and will help prevent disease
- It is effective at dissolving uric acid (often the cause of pain and inflammation in joints) and other poisons in the body
- It can help reduce symptoms of malaria, rheumatism, gout, rickets and tuberculosis.
- And I may add, it adds way more flavor to just plan water.
Read this article for more.
Now….I read this from Mayo Clinic. I am totally blaming these extra 25 pounds I carry around (after I just lost 15 plus) to drinking diet soda. Not eating Chipolte, splurging on chips, or eating more than my helping of portions:) Rather, its just plan easy to blame something else rather than yourself, right? However, I will still drink my diet soda….there is no link to cancer with it anyway so that is a plus for me. So drink up kids, drink up.